Today is 3 months since my hip surgery!
There have been a lot of ups and downs, but I have come a long, long way in 3 months. I am slowly (a lot slower than I thought) progressing in the right direction. I have accepted the fact that it will likely be a full year before I am fully recovered, and this is just a moment in time.
I am looking forward to being able to do my workouts and go for a run, pain free! As for now, I will continue with physiotherapy and pool therapy to keep regaining strength in my leg and work out some issues with some pain that doesn't seem to want to resolve itself in a timely manner.
Unfortunately, over the past couple of months I have noticed quite a bit of pain in my left hip. The nagging, aching pain in the groin and front of my hip is similar to the pain I had in my right hip before my surgery. I have also noticed some sharp pains in my groin occasionally and it makes a strange clicking/grinding noise similar to my right hip. This has been stressful for me, as I am unsure if my left hip is just sore from over compensating for my right hip all of these months, or if there is truly something wrong with my left hip. I will be asking Dr. Wong about this at my next appointment in a couple of weeks.
For now, I will keep chugging along with my strengthening exercises!
There have been a lot of ups and downs, but I have come a long, long way in 3 months. I am slowly (a lot slower than I thought) progressing in the right direction. I have accepted the fact that it will likely be a full year before I am fully recovered, and this is just a moment in time.
I am looking forward to being able to do my workouts and go for a run, pain free! As for now, I will continue with physiotherapy and pool therapy to keep regaining strength in my leg and work out some issues with some pain that doesn't seem to want to resolve itself in a timely manner.
Unfortunately, over the past couple of months I have noticed quite a bit of pain in my left hip. The nagging, aching pain in the groin and front of my hip is similar to the pain I had in my right hip before my surgery. I have also noticed some sharp pains in my groin occasionally and it makes a strange clicking/grinding noise similar to my right hip. This has been stressful for me, as I am unsure if my left hip is just sore from over compensating for my right hip all of these months, or if there is truly something wrong with my left hip. I will be asking Dr. Wong about this at my next appointment in a couple of weeks.
For now, I will keep chugging along with my strengthening exercises!
Comments
Post a Comment