Wow! Here we are, two days post op.
My surgery went very well. The staff at Scotia Surgery were fantastic! I feel so lucky that I was able to go to Scotia Surgery to have my hip arthroscopy. I had 1:1 nursing care from pre op to PACU. At one point I think I actually had 2 nurses and I was the only patient in PACU. They did 3 cases, and I was the last case, so everyone else was gone by the time I went to PACU.
Waking up from surgery was rough. I had no idea what to expect, as this was my first surgery ever. The first words I heard were, "her blood pressure is 75/50, keep the fluids running", haha. In my sleepy state, I remember trying to tell the nurse that my BP usually runs low, but not quite that low. When I first woke up, my foot hurt more than my hip. This was from the way I was positioned in the OR. After they got my blood pressure and pain under control, the nurses helped me get my brace on, and get dressed (I already had my compression socks on from pre-op). Then (with a lot of help) I moved from the stretcher to a reclining chair. That did not feel very nice on my tummy! So after some zofran and a bit of apple juice, I finally got to go home after about an hour.
During my surgery, Dr. Wong and his assistance Dr. Sorhaindo, cleaned out a lot of synovitis in my hip. Once they got that cleaned up and could actually see my hip, they cut my hip capsule to gain access to the joint. They could see the labral tear right away and used four anchors to secure my labrum back in place. They shaved off the extra bone so that it can't rub against the labrum and tear it again. They also did a psoas release so that my psoas wouldn't rub onto the labrum anymore. My hip capsule was very loose (contributing to joint instability), so they close it tight with sutures. I am very pleased that Dr. Wong was able to fix my hip and that my labrum was still in good enough shape to be repaired (unlike my mom's, which had to be completely debrided as it was so shredded).
Today I went to physiotherapy for the first time since my surgery. My physiotherapist, David, took off my big bulky surgical dressing and applied small waterproof bandaids. I went on the upright bike for 8 minutes and David did some very important passive range of motion exercises and stretches.
For now, it's time to rest!
My surgery went very well. The staff at Scotia Surgery were fantastic! I feel so lucky that I was able to go to Scotia Surgery to have my hip arthroscopy. I had 1:1 nursing care from pre op to PACU. At one point I think I actually had 2 nurses and I was the only patient in PACU. They did 3 cases, and I was the last case, so everyone else was gone by the time I went to PACU.
Waking up from surgery was rough. I had no idea what to expect, as this was my first surgery ever. The first words I heard were, "her blood pressure is 75/50, keep the fluids running", haha. In my sleepy state, I remember trying to tell the nurse that my BP usually runs low, but not quite that low. When I first woke up, my foot hurt more than my hip. This was from the way I was positioned in the OR. After they got my blood pressure and pain under control, the nurses helped me get my brace on, and get dressed (I already had my compression socks on from pre-op). Then (with a lot of help) I moved from the stretcher to a reclining chair. That did not feel very nice on my tummy! So after some zofran and a bit of apple juice, I finally got to go home after about an hour.
During my surgery, Dr. Wong and his assistance Dr. Sorhaindo, cleaned out a lot of synovitis in my hip. Once they got that cleaned up and could actually see my hip, they cut my hip capsule to gain access to the joint. They could see the labral tear right away and used four anchors to secure my labrum back in place. They shaved off the extra bone so that it can't rub against the labrum and tear it again. They also did a psoas release so that my psoas wouldn't rub onto the labrum anymore. My hip capsule was very loose (contributing to joint instability), so they close it tight with sutures. I am very pleased that Dr. Wong was able to fix my hip and that my labrum was still in good enough shape to be repaired (unlike my mom's, which had to be completely debrided as it was so shredded).
Today I went to physiotherapy for the first time since my surgery. My physiotherapist, David, took off my big bulky surgical dressing and applied small waterproof bandaids. I went on the upright bike for 8 minutes and David did some very important passive range of motion exercises and stretches.
here I am, day two: ice machine pad, hip brace, crutches and compression socks!
the cleanest incisions you ever did see!
see ya later extra hip bone!
my beautifully anchored labrum!
For now, it's time to rest!






Comments
Post a Comment